Pontoon Boating Offers More Fun For The Money
There are many reasons to consider buying a pontoon boat. Pontoons are stable, have huge seating capacity and are easy to board for everyone from toddlers to great-grandparents. But one of the biggest advantages of pontoon boats is the price tag.
While pontoons vary in size, equipment, and amenities, and you certainly could spend in the triple-digits on some models, there are many value-priced pontoons on the market that are nicely equipped for a variety of on-the-water activities.
The cost of entry can be very affordable, allowing a family to get into a boat, motor and trailer for under $30,000,
Partly because they’re constructed from aluminum tubes and frames, pontoons typically are less costly to build than fiberglass boats. In addition, they’re powered by outboard engines, which often cost less and are more economical to maintain than the sterndrives found in many fiberglass runabouts and deck boats. And while a pontoon boat is not designed to outrun a fiberglass V-hull boat, thanks to advances in hull design and outboard technology, today’s pontoons deliver better performance than ever before.
More Fun for the Money
If you look at acquiring a boat in terms of price per passenger, a pontoon offers a truly unbeatable deal thanks to the spacious decks and seating arrangements, which let you bring more family and friends along for a day of fun on the water. There are many Mercury-powered pontoons on the market today that will let you enjoy the boating lifestyle for less money than you ever dreamed possible. The memories you make will be priceless.
Shop Pontoons & Tritoons- Pontoons For Sale in IL (theboatdock.com)
Why You Might To Consider A Pontoon or Tritoon Boat
Stability: With their weight dispersed evenly over two tubes, pontoon boats are inherently stable platforms that are less subject to rolling than mono-hull boats, particularly those with deep-V bottoms. The tritoon’s third hull adds even more stability in rough water.
Accessibility: Pontoons typically have large, single-level decks accessed by boarding gates to port and starboard. Due to the way the deck rides above the water on the tubes, usually you can just open a gate and walk directly onboard from the dock without having to climb over a gunwale or navigate steps from a swim platform. This makes it easier to load groceries and gear and, more important, allow older guests or people with physical disabilities to board with comfort and confidence. Many pontoon and tritoon manufacturers will enlarge their boats’ boarding gates if needed to accommodate wheelchairs.
Durability. Since pontoons ride on metal tubes rather than fiberglass hulls, owners can beach them with less fear about damaging their boat. Outboard power also provides the flexibility of raising the shaft out of the way. Front and back gates with extendable ladders enable passengers to get down onto the sand or into the water quickly and easily to enjoy their day at the beach.
Capacity. Unencumbered by engine compartments, cabins and other bulky deck structures, pontoon and tritoon boats typically seat more passengers than fiberglass runabouts. This continues to make them the number-one party platform on the water!
Shop Now: https://www.theboatdock.com/product/pontoon
SUN TRACKER® construction and quality are second to none. And the 10+LIFE™ warranty coverage offers a level of assurance pontoon boat buyers can’t get from anyone else:
- 10-Year Bow-to-Stern Warranty—Factory-installed materials and workmanship are covered for ten years from the time of purchase, including electrical components, livewells and plumbing, vinyl, furniture, Bimini top and much more. Your engine is covered by the Mercury manufacturer’s warranty.
- Lifetime Limited Structural & Deck Warranty—Pontoon logs, the motor pod and other structural elements, e.g., deck supports, perimeter fence rails and gates, are covered for the life of the boat.
- Provisions for Transfer to Second Owner—The resale value of your boat can be enhanced by provisions to transfer warranty elements to a second owner. Your SUN TRACKER dealer can help you put applicable elements into effect when you are ready.
- 1-Stop Warranty Resolution—10+LIFE coverage offers a one-stop solution, eliminating the need to pursue separate warranties with component manufacturers.
- Full Coverage During Warranty Period—There is no pro-rating, or reducing your coverage over time. The peace of mind you enjoy at the outset carries throughout your coverage period.
10+LIFE applies to all 2014 and newer SUN TRACKER models, even those which were purchased before the introduction of the 10+LIFE warranty. See The Boat Dock if this applies to you!